Become an Educator
Choosing to became a family day care educator gives you the flexibility of operating your own business from home and allows the opportunity to work with children and families as you design, develop and evaluate safe, play-based programming and foster responsive learning environment, which is an extension of the child’s family situation while developing a sense of trust, security and love.
Also it gives you the chance to enhance your experience, skills and early childhood development knowledge to work with children and their families in a variety of roles as you become the sole supervisor of diversity of children.
- To operate a family day care business from your home:
- To join contact Saiyan Family Day Care coordination unit staff on (08) 9358 5619 and we will assist you with all the relevant information and the process to meet the requirements of operating your family day care business.
Documents required to operate family daycare
The documents and information listed below are the required documents to meet the education and care service legislative requirements.
- Applied first aid certificate.
- Obtain National Police Clearance
- Obtain Working with Children Card
- Usual occupants(any adults living in the educator home) must provide:
One copy of National Police Certificate for each adult
- Asthma Management Training
- Anaphylaxis Training